Fat people have a love/hate relationship with chairs. At least I have over the years. I love to sit down in them and often I have needed to. I hate worrying about them. These are all of the things I have been known to worry about related to chairs:
- Will it hold me? Flimsy folding chairs are the devil.
- Will I fit between the arms?
- My husband needs to hold the drinks at the movies until I sit in the chair at the movies so I don’t smash the sodas. And even then, will I sit comfortably?
- I need an aisle seat in any auditorium so only one person has to share the space that should be their seat with me.
- Oh, and will I fit in the seat in the auditorium? I almost didn’t at my sister-in-law’s wedding.
- I have to buy two tickets to travel on an airplane. And once, I had to be concerned that when they were moving the seat assignments that me and my ass wouldn’t be seated together.
You ask me why I am on on this journey? Because someday, I will be able to look at a chair or seat and think “oh, look, a place to sit.”
What is the nemesis you are trying to overcome on your journey?